Saturday, February 12, 2011

 Message board - Before

  Message board - After

I have had this message board for several years.  It was stained a dark walnut.  It has a chalk board on one side and a bulletin board on the other.  It is over six feet tall.  It was made out of parts of a house that was demolished.  Recycling at its best!!  I was so tired of it the way it looked.  I wanted to paint it as soon as I got it, but every man who saw it loved the stained wood.  What is it about men and stained wood?  So, six years or so later I painted it!  I also added round knobs on top.  I love it.  I don't know if you can see that it has carved feet (lion?) on the legs.  It even has toenails.  Of course, I had to paint the toenails red!

3 comments:

Sharon Morrison Mercantile said...

Love the toenails. That is a beautiful piece and great job with the paint.

Hope said...

Paint over stain every day!!! Men??? What do they know? I am one of your Birdsong Sisters. I am happy you posted your blog address....I loooooove your craft room. I can't wait to meet you!
Hugs~Hope

Unknown said...

Love the grace and gratitude message on the board! Looking forward to meeting you at Karla's Birdsong event...